UPDATE: This contest has now closed and we’ve selected and contacted the winners. We had so many heartfelt entries, and it was incredibly difficult to choose, but after much deliberation here are the winners:
Day 1 Blog: Janet A
“It’s not just the holidays. Even though my father died over twenty years ago (and my mom, a little over 10), I miss them and think of them every day. It’s been so long that it isn’t that earth-shattering grief that just hamstrings you at first. No. But somehow that’s worse: to wake in the sunny CA morning, get your cuppa, join the crawl of traffic winding to work……and then to suddenly remember that YOU are alive and in the world and they are not. It’s worse than that gut-wrenching, empty first-grief. It’s the F O R E V E R grief….the one that hangs there at the back of your mind, that stabs at your eyes with tears that you think you have no reason for. Oh, yeah. Another day. They aren’t here. Moms and Dads. What broke-down orphans we are without them. Miss you. Love you. Want just one chance to tell you in person.”
Day 2 Facebook: Christine Dayton
“End hunger. We donate as a family to our local food bank. We give when the kids school asks and I am helping with the gathering of holiday food items for needy families in the school I work. Our country is too rich and full of food to have hungry bellies.”
Day 3 Instagram: cheapoholicmama
“This is not so much an activity but more of a tradition. My children and I wait til the first snowfall of the season to put up our Christmas tree and decorate the house. It has been this way for 4 years now and we look forward to snow every year. ”
Day 4 Twitter: Heather Masters
“I’m thankful to have our family back in good health and together for the holidays. ”
Day 5 Pinterest: Cassandra Beato
“Every winter my family makes cookies together. It’s a gift because it allows my family to become closer and have fun. I also plan to give letters to my closest friends and my family. Each letter will be unique and written special for that person :).”
Closed Contest Details for Reference:
This week you’ll have 5 chances to win $25 in Schoola credit! Every day this week, we’ll post a new question about what’s really important this season on one of our social media platforms. You’ll have 24 hours (between noon PT and noon PT the next day) to reply to the prompt and we’ll choose one winner each day. The most heartfelt answer will win.
Here’s the nitty-gritty:
The contest kicked off right here on the blog, Monday, November 16., with the question: Who do you wish you could see over the holidays?
Eager to get started? Each day the contest will run on a different social media platform. Make sure you comment on the right one. Mark your calendars for the following dates and start thinking of your reply:
- Monday, 11/16 right here on the Schoola blog leave your entry as a comment on Monday’s post. Respond to this question: Who do you wish you could see over the holidays?
- Tuesday, 11/17 on Facebook, leave your entry as a reply comment.
- Wednesday, 11/18 on Instagram, leave your entry as a comment on the post with the photo.
- Thursday, 11/19 on Twitter, tweet your entry @Schoola and use the hashtag #OpenHeartsNotGifts.
- Friday, 11/20 on Pinterest, leave your entry as a comment on our pin.
We know you can’t wait to dive right in, but first read these important rules:
- The entry period for each question begins at noon PT each day and ends at noon PT the following day.
- Make sure your answer is original–if someone else already posted your idea, share another one.
- You can comment as much as you’d like, and you’re eligible to win more than once during the contest if we really love your entries!
- Remember that currently Schoola only ships to the contiguous 48 United States, so although anyone is welcome to participate, the prize will only be useable in those states.
- The Schoola team will choose the winner that best reflects Schoola’s mission and brand.
- The winner will receive a $25 gift code. This code will not be eligible for purchasing new-with-tags items and cannot be combined with any other code.
- We’ll contact the day’s winner within a few days of the contest’s closing by replying to you on that social media platform.
We can’t wait to see all your wonderful answers!